We are pleased to be able to give back to the wonderful organizations that have all played a role in shaping Joel into the remarkable young man he is today.
All of these institutions do an amazing job of providing a welcoming, challenging, and educational space for individuals with developmental disabilities. They also provide a very special social environment for individuals who very often have limited opportunity for social interactions. They are crucial in providing opportunities for development, a sense of belonging, and pride in one's accomplishments.
100% of any donation you make, and 10% of all Art By J Positive proceeds, will be shared between these fantastic organizations:
- BEING studio supports artists with developmental disabilities who are working in visual art and creative writing.
- The Capital City Condors are a family of ice hockey teams for those who are unable to play on any other hockey team due to a cognitive and/or physical disability.
- Dragonfly develops critical skills needed by learners with Down syndrome.
We also made these additional donation considerations for 2022:
- BEING studio: Joel was highlighted as BEING's spotlight artist, so 100% of proceeds from February 23 - March 3 are donated to BEING.
- Capital City Condors: Joel is celebrating his 12th season playing on the Condors, so 100% of proceeds from May 2-8 are donated to the Condors.
- Camp Misquah: Since 2010 Joel has attended Camp Misquah, which is an amazing summer camp that provides a special residential camping experience for adults and children with special needs. 100% of proceeds from May 28-29 are donated to Camp Misquah. This donation is being done in conjunction with Team Misquah’s participation in Ottawa Race Weekend, which Joel was excited to be running in for the very first time!
- During Canadian Down Syndrome Week of October 23-29 100% of proceeds will shared between BEING studio, the Capital City Condors, and Dragonfly Down syndrome.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Ottawa (BBBSO): This fantastic organization is committed to creating life-changing relationships that inspire and empower youth. J Positive is participating in their annual breakfast fundraiser, so 100% of November 22 proceeds is being donated to BBBSO.
- During this season of giving, 100% of November 25-30 proceeds is being shared between BEING studio, the Capital City Condors, and DragonFly Down syndrome.
Joel says "sharing is a good thing." Thank you for your generous support!